Saturday, February 15, 2014

I realize I need to be happy with where I am in life and reflect on this more. All that I've been through, all that I've witnessed and all that I have become. I do not give myself enough credit. I'm my worst critic and that little voice in my head that is so hard on ME, needs to shut the fuck up.

I often look at pictures on Instagram and wish I had their bodies. Flat stomachs, chiseled arms. It's hard not to want what you don't have.  I wouldn't trade my life for anyone else's so why do I compare my body to others? It's hard to overcome. It's hard to take this fitness journey day by day when you want accelerated results.

I did a workout class called Shred415 with a girlfriend yesterday. It was hard, but would've been harder a year ago. I've committed to the gym for over a year with extensive weight lifting. My body has changed, mostly the muscular development and strength. During the class,  I struggled a bit with the treadmill running, I wanted to go faster and push harder, but it was hard. During lunges, I wanted to push deeper and not have to rest, but I couldn't. Instead of dwelling on what I couldn't do, it's an opportunity to get better next time.

I've learned that I need to turn my problems/weaknesses into opportunities.

And I will.

Everything takes time.


No comments:

Post a Comment